Here is a list of sample questions we found that are designed to give a good over all read of a candidate and allow you to make a decision based on their score. These are based on us looking at data from over 45000 references and analyzing the trends that come with it. However we intended this to be a starting point for our customers to use and mold their own sets based on their requirements
Welcome to Vitay’s
Question Set Library
Standard Pre Screen Questions
- What about your current and past work experience make you a great fit for our role?
- What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your current or previous role? How did you overcome this challenge? What was the outcome?
- What are your goals for professional development? How will getting this job help you advance toward your professional development goals?
- What does your perfect manager look like? Have you ever had a manager who was close to this ideal or fit it exactly?
- What type of work environment do you prefer? Management style?
- What are some characteristics of a company culture that helps you do your best work and helps you enjoy your time at work? Which company’s culture has been the most supportive of you and your work?
- How do you typically manage projects and prioritize tasks?
- Have you ever had to manage multiple deadlines set for the same day or week? How did you do it?
- Have there ever been situations where you failed to meet a deadline? What happened? What would you do differently if given the chance?
- What was the most frustrating part of your current role? Have you ever taken steps to try and make this part of your role less frustrating?
- What does your typical work week look like in terms of responsibilities? How have these responsibilities changed over time?
- What makes a job fun and motivating for you?
- What can your current/previous employer do to keep you from leaving your role?
- What salary range do you expect from your next role?
- What career accomplishments will help you to perform well in this job?
- What career challenges have prepared you for the challenges you would face in this job?
- What work sample can you provide that most clearly demonstrates your qualifications for this job?
- Are you currently interviewing with any other companies?
- When can you start if you’re hired?
Need more Ideas? Check out our blog!
As a recruiter/ HR leader/ employer it is your duty to find high quality candidates to fill job positions whether it’s for your company or.. Read More →