Here is a list of sample questions we found that are designed to give a good over all read of a candidate and allow you to make a decision based on their score. These are based on us looking at data from over 45000 references and analyzing the trends that come with it. However we intended this to be a starting point for our customers to use and mold their own sets based on their requirements
Welcome to Vitay’s
Question Set Library
Motivation and Commitment Questions
- Describe a time when you recognized you weren’t going to be able to meet multiple deadlines. What did you do about it? What was the outcome?
- Tell me about a time when you had an idea that was great for own work, your team or your company. How did you get your management/peers excited about it? How did you follow through to ensure your idea came to life?
- When you’re able to make extra time in your role, do you ever do anything to make your job more efficient/easy?
- What techniques have you learned or discovered that make your job easier, or make you more productive?
- What motivates you to go to work every day?
- Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond your role and expectations. Why did you do this? What exactly did you do?
- Can you describe a time where you identified a new, or unusual approach to address a problem or task? How did this approach work?
- If you find yourself stuck doing repetitive work, how do you motivate yourself to continue and complete it?
- Have you ever been a part of an unmotivated team? What did you do to stay motivated and make work interesting?
- What is your biggest dream in life?
- What goals, including career goals, have you set for the next 5 years? How about for your whole life?
- How would you define success in your career?
- What roles do your manager and team play in your motivation at work?
- In your experience, what motivates your best on-the-job performance?
- How would you create a work environment that employees find motivating?
- Have you ever had a manager/peer who created a toxic workplace? What actions did you take to motivate yourself and others, despite the toxicity?
- Describe the work environment that makes you most productive and/or happy.
- What team bonding activities or out-of-work experiences do you think are necessary to keep employees motivated and excited?
- What’s one idea you think we could implement today that would make employees more excited to come to work tomorrow?
- Think back to the worst work environment you’ve been a part of. What about it made it a terrible place to work? How would you make it a better place to work?
- What makes you want to leave your current role?
- What could your current company change about your job, your team or their culture to keep you on their team?
- Would you take a job with a toxic work culture but a higher salary, or a lower salary with an ideal work culture? Why?
- How would you define a healthy work/life balance? At what point do you think it’s necessary to blur the lines?
Need more Ideas? Check out our blog!
More than 50 million people quit their jobs in 2022, in what came to be known as the “Great Resignation.” Although the mass-quitting period is.. Read More →
Recruiters and employers evaluate candidates based on several factors, including the quality of their resume, their interview performance, and their technical, analytical, and behavioral skills... Read More →
For colleges and universities, the entry process can be an extensive one for both student applicants and those looking to work in secondary education. For.. Read More →