Here is a list of sample questions we found that are designed to give a good overall read of a candidate and allow you to make a decision based on their score. These are based on us looking at data from over 45000 references and analyzing the trends that come with it. However, we intended this to be a starting point for our customers to use and mold their own sets based on their requirements.
Welcome to Vitay’s
Question Set Library
- What were the Candidates primary responsibilities and duties?
- How would you describe the Candidate?
- How does the Candidate handle failure?
- How does the Candidate motivate their team when a project is floundering?
- Please describe the Candidates top 3 work related strengths
- Please describe areas in which the Candidate could improve
- Please comment on the Candidates attention to detail. What steps do they take when developing plans for a project?
- How would you describe the candidate’s teamwork skills? Are they seen as a leader or a go-to person? How well do they take ownership of tasks, projects, and situations?
- How does the Candidate facilitate professional growth?
- Please comment on the Candidates time management skills and their ability to complete tasks.
- Please rate and comment on the Candidates knowledge of safety protocols
- Please rate and comment on the Candidate’s Communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Has the Candidate ever received complaints or concerns about their performance in both projects and/or proposals? If so, did they take action to improve or resolve the issue?
- Would you rehire this Candidate?
- Do you have any additional comments?
Need more Ideas? Check out our blog!
A Guide to Reference Checks for Colleges and Universities
For colleges and universities, the entry process can be an extensive one for both student applicants and those looking to work in secondary education. For.. Read More →
How Businesses Benefit from Checking References by Email in 2023
Reference checks are an essential part of the hiring process, because they provide keen insight into a job seeker’s work history, skills, and character. The.. Read More →