Here is a list of sample questions we found that are designed to give a good overall read of a candidate and allow you to make a decision based on their score. These are based on us looking at data from over 45000 references and analyzing the trends that come with it. However, we intended this to be a starting point for our customers to use and mold their own sets based on their requirements.
Welcome to Vitay’s
Question Set Library
- In what capacity did you work with the Candidate?
- How well does the Candidate relate to other people? Which employees does the person work best with: superiors, peers, subordinates?
- Would you have any hesitation placing this applicant in a position of authority and trust with respect to (small children, vulnerable adults, large sums of money)?
- How did the applicant’s last performance review go? What strengths were noted? What areas were identified as needing improvement?
- In which environment do you think the Candidate will best succeed in?
- How does the Candidate handle and implement feedback?
- How did the Candidate help your organization achieve its goals?
- Please rate the Candidate on Adaptability
- Please rate the Candidates Communication Skills
- Please rate the Candidates Organizational Skills
- Please rate the Candidate on their overall attitude in the workplace
- Please rate the Candidates Resourcefulness
- Please rate the Candidates ability to Multi-task
- Please rate the Candidates ability to Work with a Team
- Would you rehire this Candidate?
- Do you have any additional comments or concerns about this Candidate?
Need more Ideas? Check out our blog!
A Guide to Reference Checks for Colleges and Universities
For colleges and universities, the entry process can be an extensive one for both student applicants and those looking to work in secondary education. For.. Read More →
How Businesses Benefit from Checking References by Email in 2023
Reference checks are an essential part of the hiring process, because they provide keen insight into a job seeker’s work history, skills, and character. The.. Read More →